The Dudley Healthy Settings Award recognises the work you are doing to ensure your early years setting promotes healthy behaviours and supports your children to lead a healthy lifestyle, both now and in the future.
Achieving the Award demonstrates a commitment to health and wellbeing through a whole setting approach and gives you, your staff and families confidence that you are providing a healthy setting for all the children in your care.
The Award covers four important areas that contribute to health and wellbeing:
- Emotional health and wellbeing and relationships
- Food and nutrition
- Physical activity
- Risk taking behaviour and health protection
For each area, key criteria have been developed. Achieving these will ensure your setting provides an environment that is conducive to positive healthy behaviours. We recognise your setting will already be working towards a wide range of national requirements and/or guidelines in these areas so many of these are reflected in the Award criteria.
There are three Award levels available:
- Bronze – meet all the criteria in two of the four areas
- Silver – meet all the criteria in three of the four areas
- Gold – meet all the criteria in all of the four areas
Applications must be completed for a minimum of two areas to apply for an Award.